New Office Hours
(By Appointment Only):
Mon - Fri, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Saturday, 9am to 1pm
If in doubt, please call our office: 832-844-1470
AGE LIMIT: Don't use under eight weeks of age (Reason: fever during the first eight weeks of life needs to be documented in a medical setting and if present, your infant needs a complete evaluation.)
• MEASURING the DOSAGE: Syringes and droppers are more accurate than teaspoons. If possible, use the syringe or dropper that comes with the medicine. If not, medicine syringes are available at pharmacies.
• FREQUENCY: Repeat every 4-6 hours as needed. Don't give more than 5 times a day.
• BRAND NAMES: Tylenol, Feverall (suppositories), generic acetaminophen
• MELTAWAYS: Dissolvable tabs that come in 80 mg and 160 mg (jr. strength)
• SUPPOSITORIES: Acetaminophen also comes in 80, 120, 325 and 650 mg suppositories (the rectal dose is the same as the dosage given by mouth).
• AGE LIMIT: Don't use under six months of age unless directed by child's doctor. (Reason: safety not established and doesn't have FDA approval). Avoid multi-ingredient products in children under 6 years of age (FDA recommendations 1/2008).
• MEASURING the DOSAGE: Syringes and droppers are more accurate than teaspoons. If possible, use the syringe or dropper that comes with the medication.
• IBUPROFEN DROPS: Ibuprofen infant drops come with a measuring syringe • BRAND NAMES: Motrin, Advil, generic ibuprofen
• ADULT DOSAGE: 400 mg
• FREQUENCY: Repeat every 6-8 hours as needed.